- What's New
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Camden Theological Library's mission is to provide services and resources for the people of God:
- for all connected with the Uniting Church -- both lay and ordained, inclusive of background and culture
- for candidates for specified ministries, for those in a period of discernment and for all students associated with United Theological College (UTC)
- for UTC faculty staff and other staff associated with Uniting Mission and Education (UME)
- for members of the public who are interested in theology
in their quest to develop, enhance or enrich:
- their discipleship
- their spiritual growth
- their theological and biblical studies and understanding
- the maturing of their faith
- their ministry, in one of its diverse forms, within the Church and the wider community.
To be a library where every user feels welcome, has the opportunity for quiet reflection in a non-threatening neutral space, and, by means of the resources, the environment and the staff, can have a positive and rewarding experience. To be well-trained and user-focused staff, dedicated to promoting the highest quality service we can, and to encouraging each other to continuous growth for the benefit of the users and one another.
In addition to values shared with the Uniting Church’s Basis of Union, values of particular priority are:
- Hospitality, by enabling each person to feel welcome in the library and treating each person with dignity and respect
- Commitment to supporting the pursuit of knowledge and understanding which fosters personal and social transformation
- Providing access to diverse points of view, ideas and perspectives
- Responsible stewardship and accountability in respect of library resources, the library environment, the financial allocation, and staff time
- Enthusiasm for innovation and improvement in order to better respond to users' needs and goals
- Awareness of, and responsiveness to, specific requests from Uniting Mission and Education, United Theological College and the Uniting Church in Australia.